Commonwealth of Virginia Workers' Compensation Services
Saturday, March 25, 2017
Total Program Management
Investigating a Claim
1. Send an internal memo to MCI regarding any accident facts that cannot be included on the Visual Liquid Web (VLW) submission.
2. Send any internal investigation paperwork to the benefit coordinator.
3. Obtain a written statement from the employee regarding the accident.
4. Send all bills, medical reports, and work status forms to the MCI benefit coordinator immediately. Our address is:
P.O. Box 1140
5. If there are witnesses or co-workers with relevant information, please provide their contact information to the Benefit Coordinator.
6. Discuss second employer information with the employee and benefit coordinator.
7. Discuss prior medical history if applicable, i.e., was the injured worker able to perform his full duty position prior to this incident?